Thursday, March 29, 2007

MEP's response to EU Democracy Requirements

Dear Mr Higgenbottom,

Thank you for your letter of 25th March regarding the campaign for an English Parliament and I reply on behalf of the three Conservative MEPs for the West Midlands as I cover the Shropshire area for the team.

As to your comments regarding that citizens of Member Countries should be able to participate in the political decision making process on an equal basis you are correct. However this is an issue which can only be resolved by the Westminster Parliament and, to my knowledge is being widely discussed.

As it is Westminster MPs who would make any decision by a vote in Parliament I have forwarded your letter to Daniel Kawczynski MP who is the Member for Shrewsbury and I am sure he will be in contact with you on the issues you raise.
Yours sincerely,

Philip Bradbourn OBE MEP

No comments: